Southington Middle School Athletics Association (SMSAA) is a non-profit organization that serves the Southington, CT community. We are organized to provide funding for after-school athletic activities including, but not limited to, interscholastic sports.
In June 2017, the Southington Board of Education adopted a budget that made cuts to teachers, professional staff, & programs. The Middle School Sports Programs were eliminated at that time. Parents and community members have joined together to restore after-school athletic activities. Middle schoolers are at a vulnerable age; therefore, we believe that providing healthy and constructive after-school activities for them is our primary goal. The after-school athletic programs are vital to the active, healthy culture, and shared values of our community.
Your support would help us to continue to provide healthy, supervised, afterschool programs to students. Participation in a healthy living event such as this aligns with our cause but also affords students the opportunity to participate in the fundraising efforts to maintain programs in our middle schools.
We have partnered with the Y to use the Apple Harvest Race as a fund-raiser for SMSAA. Participants in Team SMSAA will be charged $30 to run either the 5K or 5 Mile road race. $20 goes to the road race (discounted rate) and $10 goes to support SMSAA.
TWO WAYS TO SUPPORT SOUTHINGTON MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS
- MIDDLE SCHOOL CUP - popular addition in 2021 for middle school students from DePaolo or Kennedy Middle Schools to participate in the MIDDLE SCHOOL CUP.
- Top 25 boys and girls will receive medals as well as points to determine the winner of the Middle School Cup! A very cool Middle School Cup Trophy will be displayed at the winning school.
- DePaolo Middle School was the proud winner of the MIDDLE SCHOOL CUP for both the boys and girls.
- There is a separate MIDDLE SCHOOL 5K category on our registration page. NOTE: There will be a drop down box to indicate which middle school you attend
- Non-middle school participants may also register for the Apple Harvest Road Race as part of “Team SMSAA”. Sign up for wither the SMSAA 5K or SMSAA 5 Mile Race on our registration page
All TEAM SMSAA or MIDDLE SCHOOL CUP registrants who are within the first 800 signed up will receive an Apple Harvest Festival Road Race T-shirt.
Thanks for your support and happy running, walking and hiking!
Southington Middle School Athletics Association
P.O. Box 28
Southington, CT 06489