Planned Giving to the YMCA
The YMCA Heritage Society: A strong and viable YMCA for future generations
Join the YMCA Heritage Society: The YMCA Heritage Society is a special group of people who have shown their long-term interest and support of the Southington-Cheshire Community YMCAs by developing a plan for direct contribution to the Endowment Fund, a gift through a life insurance policy or by including the YMCA in their estate plans.
You can take part in the YMCA Heritage Society by:
- Providing an outright gift to the YMCA Endowment Fund of cash, securities, property, stocks or other marketable assets.
- Creating of a trust fund, annuity trust, gift annuity, pooled income fund, short-term trust or other life estate program.
- Naming the Southington-Cheshire Community YMCAs as the eventual recipient of a life insurance policy.
- Naming the Southington-Cheshire Community YMCA to receive a bequest in your will.
Legacy Giving: Cornelia Sloper Neal showed extraordinary generosity when she designated in her last will and testament that the farmland that is now the site of YMCA Camp Sloper be given to the YMCA in 1949. This type of foresight was unprecedented at the time and has helped to improve the lives of thousands and thousands of children, teens and staff members who have experienced the magic of YMCA Camp Sloper for over 70 years now. Are you interested in a similar legacy gift for the YMCA?
Here’s a Potential Scenario:
Jack and Sally have treasured the experiences their family has had over the years at the YMCA. Their children took swim classes at the Y and attended YMCA Camp Sloper. Jack and Sally have been regular fixtures in the health and wellness center of the Y for years. Now that their kids are grown, Jack and Sally changed their estate plan so it could work harder for the people and causes they love. The couple updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. And they left the YMCA a $25,000 IRA to be transferred after the first passing. If they had left the IRA to their children, approximately $6,250 would have gone to pay federal income taxes - leaving only $18,750 for their family's use. Jack also bought a new whole life insurance policy with a $25,000 benefit and identified the YMCA as the beneficiary. Because the YMCA is tax-exempt, all $50,000 will help support our mission. And they are happy knowing they are going to make a significant difference with their updated estate plan.
Click Here to learn more about planned giving.
NEW - Special Online Life Insurance Program to Benefit the YMCA
YMCA has partnered with Life Legacy to allow members to apply for life insurance policies, some with no medical tests required, 100% online in minutes! To apply and have the opportunity to name the YMCA as beneficiary of the policy, click here!
- Contact Mark Pooler, CEO, at 860-426-9508 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on planned gifts and the YMCA Heritage Society to help support the YMCA and our mission for the future.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name the YMCA in your plans, please use our legal name and Federal Tax ID.
Legal Name: The Southington-Cheshire Community YMCAs Inc.
Address: 29 High Street, Southington, CT 06489
Federal Tax ID Number: 06-0646905
The Southington-Cheshire Community YMCAs is highly rated by Charity Navigator, a private organization that rates the effectiveness of charities across the country with their “Encompass” rating system. Our Encompass score is 100/100! Visit the Charity Navigator rating page here: https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/060646905