Leaders Club is a teen character and leadership development program that serves teens ages 12 to 18. It is organized for the purpose of providing knowledge, training and experiences to teens so that they become strong leaders in their communities, fosters a spirit of service to others and to shape a healthy lifestyle in Mind, Body and Spirit.
What Teens Get from the Program
● Skills for job/career success
● Volunteer service hours for school, honor society, etc.
● Strong sense of self and purpose
● Resilience and emotional maturity
● College recommendations
● A network of friends they’ll have for life
● Exposure to diverse groups, backgrounds, cultures, and ideas
● Caring adult role models both regionally and their home club advisor
Time & Commitment
Being part of a Leaders Club is a commitment. Teens are expected to attend club meetings and activities as well as volunteer at their Y or in their community. A core part of the program is that teens take an active role in planning and facilitating club activities. Like many other youth programs the more time, effort and energy a teen puts into Leaders Club the more they’ll receive back.
The club’s meeting times are 6:30-8:00 pm every Wednesday during the school year at the Cheshire YMCA pending weather or a holiday. Volunteer opportunities and other events times vary but will be mentioned in an ample amount of time.
For more information reach out to:
Nick Deschino email@example.com 203-272-3150 Ex: 515
Lisa Zaborowski firstname.lastname@example.org 203-272-3150 Ex: 509