The YMCA Sports Performance Center at the Southington-Cheshire Community YMCA is Southington’s newest, most comprehensive indoor training center.
Winter (month-long programs) December 1st - March 31st
Spring (month-long programs) April 1st - June 30th
Summer (week-long programs) July 1st - August 31st
Fall (month-long programs) September 1st - November 30th
To register, visit: sccymca.org/register Keyword: Athletes
STRENGTH FOR YOUR SPORT
At the YMCA Sports Performance Center, we believe that it is the foundation of athletics that creates the best competitor. With the help of our training experts and age-appropriate coaching, the YMCA Sports Performance Center is designed to meet kids (ages 11-18) where they are now and help them reach their full potential. Whatever the sport, the youth of today are developing earlier each year and it’s vital to their success that they have the basic athletic fundamentals of body awareness, coordination, balance, speed, strength, and agility to maximize their full athletic abilities and reduce injuries.
Subscribe to the Sports Performance Center Newsletter
At the YMCA Sports Performance Center, our mission is to strengthen the foundation of each individual's athletic ability and build a better athlete and an even better person.
We specialize in working on the foundation needed for a variety of sports:
Track and Field
For more information please contact Tommy Sienkowski at 860-426-9536.
BENEFITS FOR YOUNG ATHLETES
- Increased confidence
- Improved athletic performance
- Improved ability to learn new skills
- Injury prevention
- Nutrition essential
- Recovery strategies
Better Athletes | Better Players | Better TEAM
Team/Group Sessions Available!
Minimum 6 athletes and maximum of 12 athletes
1 Month- 3 days a week ($960) | 1 Month- 2 days a week ($640)
FOR MORE INFORMATION: CONTACT TSIENKOWSKI@SCCYMCA.ORG
SKILLS FOR TODAY’S YOUNG ATHLETES INCLUDING:
- Jumping skills
- Reactive speed
- Body control
- Nutrition Habits
- Sleep Rituals
Facility and Cancellation Policy
You must call 24hrs in advance to move a training session. Sessions can be made up within 4 weeks from the start date. If you have signed up for the full session you have that time period to make up sessions. Scheduling conflicts can be addressed with SPC director. Payment must be made at front desk before the start of the next training session. Athletes will not be allowed to participate if they are not in the scheduling software. No refunds, credits will be given. Mid phase sign-ups are allowed.
YMCA Sports Performance Center is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all of our athletes and staff members. To ensure safety and comfort for all, we ask athletes to act appropriately at all times during training. Athletes are expected to behave in a mature and responsible way and respect the rights and dignity of others. Any inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and may result in suspension or removal from the program.
- 1st Warning - A verbal warning will be issued and the athlete will be reminded of the athlete Behavior Standards.
- 2nd Warning - A meeting with the Unit Director will take place to discuss the incidents and written warning will be issued. A phone call home will be made in addition to the written report
- 3rd Warning – A parent meeting will be setup with the SPC Director informing them of the inappropriate behavior and to discuss the incidents. A plan of correction action will be formed; this may include suspension or removal from training.
All athletes are expected to be caring, honest, respectful and responsible while at the SPC. - All athletes will listen to and follow directives/instructions that are given by all staff members. - SPC is an electronic free zone; this includes cell phones, ipods, and video games. If electronics come to SPC, they must remain safely stored in the coat closet. Remember the YMCA is not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal item.
Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times- no jeans, no spaghetti strap or tube tops. Athletic shoes must be worn.
Rules and Regulations for the Sports Performance Center...
- Safety First!
- Wear proper attire: Clean, Athletic Clothing, and Sneakers
- Store all belongings in the coat closet
- No horseplay, loud or offensive language
- No food, gum, glass, or cans in the SPC
- Re-Rack all weights and dumbbells
- Report all injuries to SPC Coaches
- No Cell Phone or Headphone use while training
- Always use Common Sense
- Be Aware of other Athletes in the SPC
- Athletes should not be training without any Supervision
- Leave the SPC Center Clean and Neat
- Observing training sessions must be cleared with the SPC Director or under Special Circumstances
- Don't be Afraid to ask for help and HAVE FUN!