STRENGTHENING OUR COMMUNITY
At the Y, we strive to strengthen the foundation of our community through three focus areas of Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. The Y’s Apple Harvest Festival Road Races combines all three focus areas to make for a very impactful event.
We support our Youth Development work through our Little Fritter Fun Run, Y Cup, and 5K Road Race which provides an opportunity for children to nurture and reach their greatest potential.
Our road races support Healthy Living with our commitment to help improve the health and well-being of participants in all five events: the 5 Mile Run, 5K Run, 2 Mile Walk, Little Fritter Fun Runs and the Y Cup.
It’s our underrated work in Social Responsibility in the Apple Harvest Festival Road Races that has the most dramatic impact. Consider this:
- Nearly $20,000 is netted on the Y’s Apple Harvest Festival Road Races and that goes right back to our Annual Support Campaign to provide local children, adults and families with a helping hand.
- We partner with over 35 local agencies, businesses and individuals who value giving back to the community to support our annual event. Big time thanks to the following for your 2020 generous support and helping to validate our work in the community: Activate Southington, Automated Business Solutions, Awards of Elegance, Blum Shapiro, Bristol Health, Butch Gray, DJ, Community Foundation of Greater New Britain, CT Appliance and Fireplace Distributors, CT Computer, Dr. Bob Jacob, Ed & Jan Ebert, Gaylord Physical Therapy, Guaranteed Rate, Hartford HealthCare, Mathew Jalowiec, Liberty Bank, Probate Judge, Mount Southington, Network Design and Construction, People's United Bank, Putnam Agency Real Estate, RDS Media (Southington Magazine), Realty 3 CT, Rogers Orchards, Select Physical Therapy, Serafino Pharmacy, Sheffy, Mazzaccaro, DePaolo & DeNigris, Six Point Health Advisors, Smith Brothers, Southington Security, Southington Veterinary Associates, STEPS, and Town and Country Learning Centers.
- Local groups like the Southington High School Soccer Team, Team Lauryn (in honor/memory of Lauryn Ossola), Team Adam and Jim (in honor/memory of Adam Levin and Jim Maffionini), team Ralph, (in honor/memory of Ralph Mann), Team SMSAA (to support the Southington Middle School Athletic Association and Team Tyler (in honor/memory of Tyler Chamberland) are using the Apple Harvest Festival Road Races for their own fundraising efforts
- Over 150 volunteers are recruited annually to help enhance the quality and safety of our events. Just incredible community spirit.
- The Southington High School Cross Country team annually helps volunteer at our event. What a terrific way to instill giving back at an early age.
- As a small way to thank local citizens serving in the armed services as well as our veterans, we provide a discount for them to participate.
Please consider financially supporting the Y’s Apple Harvest Festival Road Races. In 2021, proceeds will go to provide financial assistance to individuals and families going through unforeseen challenging times or faced with unexpected health and personal/family issues You can count on us to be good stewards of your generosity.
Several categories have been created for your consideration:
$25 - SUPPORTER--Your gift provides general support to our Y and community
$50 - FRIEND -- Your gift will help pay for a child to participate in a Y Youth Sports Program
$100 - MENTOR -- Your gift provides a child a safe place to both learn and play for a week in our Y Before and After Program
$250 - ROLE MODEL -- Your gift provides parents peace of mind knowing their child is well cared for in our nurturing Y Pre-school environment
$500 - ADVOCATE -- Your gift provides a child with a unique and memorable summer camp experience
$1000 - CHAMPION --Your gift allows the Y to build programming and partnerships in our Southington and Cheshire communities to help our friends and neighbors in their time of need